I have found that there is nothing like a mastermind group for creating a synergy of feedback, advice and accountability. When you work within a group, the level of knowledge is raised as each person contributes according to their skills and experience.
Napoleon Hill introduced the idea of mastermind groups in his classic book Think and Grow Rich.
According to Hill, a mastermind alliance is “The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.”
He also said: “I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.”
Like Napoleon Hill, I’m a great believer in cooperation and collaboration, and in kindly sharing our knowledge with others. We all become richer when we join forces to further our goals, and success comes more quickly when we help others succeed.
With that in mind, I’ve created the Freestyle Author Mastermind Group.
So, what is the Freestyle Author Mastermind group about exactly?
- You will have daily, round-the-clock access to a group setting where you can take advantage of brainstorming, training, support and accountability.
- Members will challenge one another to set and achieve goals that further your self-publishing business success.
- We will have monthly calls where you can ask and answer questions, and discuss strategies, trends and news related to all things in the writing and self-publishing world.
So, what is the Freestyle Author Mastermind group NOT about?
- First, be advised that it isn’t a class setting. We may at times bring in guest teachers, and of course all members will share knowledge, but the focus is on peer support, not lectures.
- Freestyle Author Mastermind is not about group coaching. Again, I will be a member and will share feedback, advice and support, but so will you. The sharing should be spread out among all members for the best use of our resources.
- It also isn’t a promotion group. While you may discuss your current projects and when appropriate, share a link to your book or images of covers, etc., this will not turn into a book announcement free-for-all.
- Finally, it isn’t a networking group. We can all share resources such as editors, cover designers and even let members know if we ourselves provide those services, but it isn’t a classifieds board. If you make connections in the group that leads to joint ventures or professional opportunities, that is just a bonus, not the main focus of being here.
“I am truly thrilled that I took the step to sign up for Teresa’s ‘Freestyle Author Mastermind’, which is her monthly call with her members. I feel grateful to be a part of this, it’s just what I need. This is a small group, led by Teresa, who receive the benefit of her leadership and knowledge to better understand issues that we are struggling with getting started with self-publishing. I like the fact that while Teresa usually picks a topic to teach us on each month, she’s also completely open to allowing us to ask other questions on issues we’re struggling with. She’s patient and giving, and no question is too small, so there is no shame in asking. I couldn’t have made a better choice. I’m also thrilled that all the calls are recorded !! That’s awesome — and so helpful to be able to go back any time I need to, and re-listen to the calls, around my own schedule. I had hesitated at first, but am so glad I joined. I would highly recommend signing up for Teresa’s Freestyle Author Mastermind, this is definitely some of the best money I’ve spent”. Grateful in Texas
So what are some things you can use the group for?
When you’re working on something and need answers NOW, having instant access to a group of people with the same interests and goals can provide critical feedback with minimal interruption of your workflow. You can basically use the group for any type of question, discussion, or sharing, including, but not limited to:
- Brainstorming help for your latest book title.
- Formatting and design issues.
- Research help on specific topics, or where to look for ideas.
- Announcing goals to a built-in support team that will provide encouragement and a little extra push.
- Show your latest book cover drafts for feedback and suggestions.
- Fiction ideas and plotting.
- Non-fiction ideas and outlining.
- Email list building and management.
- Book promotion strategies and results.
- Sharing your successes and triumphs.
- Getting advice and feedback on your failures.
- Pretty much any other topic you can think of that relates to your Freestyle Author business.
You Can Become a Member of
The Freestyle Author Mastermind
For Only $9.99 Per Month
OR Gain Lifetime Access For a One-Time Fee of Only